Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Ideas and Cream of Cauliflower Soup

Ok, so I have this plan to work half a day on Thursday (tomorrow) in order to clean the whole house before the new year starts on Saturday morning. In an effort to get some cleaning done early, Frank and I had planned to clean a bit this evening. As you can see this isn't happening, instead I'm writing about this new plan I have, and the new recipe I cooked for dinner tonight. 


I was feeling lazy, so I told Frank we would just have pasta because I didn't want to cook if we were going to be cleaning. He was delayed and I stayed a bit late at work to make sure I had everything finished before I leave for the long weekend tomorrow. Frank suggested soup instead of pasta. My mom got me an immersion blender just like this cuisinart here (best thing, ever, by the way). 


So naturally I looked for a creamed soup recipe that required an immersion blender. Frank loves, LOVES cauliflower, so I decided on cream of cauliflower soup. Man oh man, it was really yummy and so simple! diced onion and garlic saute with butter for 5 minutes, add diced potato, saute for another 5 minutes. add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Toss in a whole cauliflower head chopped and washed and let it all simmer for about 20-25 minutes. turn the heat off and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Use the immersion blender to combine all the ingredients. Then add about a cup of milk and salt and pepper to taste. heat through again and serve. ugh! It was amazing! Frank's Godfather makes this seasoned salt blend. I have no clue as to what's in it, but we use that instead of salt for almost everything. I highly recommend this recipe!




So anyway, tomorrow as soon as I finish the project I'm charged with completing at work, I'll be leaving to come home and clean the bathroom, dressing area and closet. Frank will be home in the afternoon to help me clean the living area. Thus the new plan. I want to keep the cleanliness of the house maintained through out the rest of our stay in the box. I don't want to keep having to reserve entire days to clean the house. In the event that the house doesn't stay as clean as i'm anticipating, we will take however long it takes on a weekend and clean the house, together. No more of me waiting for him or him waiting for me. It will get done! I'm excited to be moving in a few months so that it will be easier to keep a house clean. Oh, a house, how I'd love to live in a house. But that's another story. Now it's time to do the dishes. 


Absolutely,


The Lady... Try the New Recipe!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish...how much chicken broth do you use? How many potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I never measure things. haha. I had a recipe, and frank was irritated cause I didn't follow it. Oh well! I used about half a box of chicken broth and 3 medium sized potatoes. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete