Thursday, January 13, 2011

No Recipe, New Cautionary Tale and Other Useless Information

So While the plan was supposed to be a new recipe every week, this week has been crazy with unexpected events to keep both Frank and I busy. Monday my mom and I went shopping, as we do almost every Monday that my dad attends his weekly meeting with the 7:30 Club, but this time Frank went with him for guest night. Apparently he's considering joining. Who knew? Haha! 

Tuesday yielded a slow day at work and I was excited to try a new recipe that night, but lo and behold, the King of the Empire (owner of the company I work for), wasn't feeling well and raffled off his 2 pairs of Sharks tickets (we're talking 12th row, center ice), so Naturally I had to enter. And I won. Frank was in a dull mood and tired, so I called my best gal Laura and of course she was raring to go, I mean, who wouldn't be (except Frank)? So we ventured to the Sharks game where there was an alarming number of Toronto Maple Leafs fans around us and I couldn't help but yell "GO BACK TO CANADA" every chance I got. The Sharks ended up loosing and I decided I'm going on a Sharks hockey hiatus for the next 3 weeks to see if they can pull their shit together again.


Last night I had  my monthly board meeting for the WAC over at the Drying Shed on the east side. I don't like driving over there by  myself so I caught a ride with Frank's mom Janet. We chatted about moving and all that and worked some things out. Also, the apartments we've decided we'd really like to move to are over in that area, not to mention Frank's aunt and some of our other family friends live in the same complex, so I spoke to one of the women in my club who helps manage them (as her family owns them) and we're hoping to be able to move into a 2 bedroom on her property by the end of March. Ugh, moving is getting so close I can almost taste it, I'm dreading packing, but can't help dreaming of all the space that would be offered with a 2 bedroom, rather than a 450 sq ft box!

So now, aaaaallllll of this brings us to today, where I'm working hard and hardly working all at the same time and my mother and I and hopefully a few other women will walk 2 miles at the Campbell Community Center tonight at 6pm. If you're reading this, available, and in the area, you should come join us. We don't walk super fast, but we're done in under an hour and then go home and have a healthy dinner. So come on out! We may have a new recipe tonight, I'm not sure. It depends on if I go home and cook for Frank and myself or if we go over to mom's. 

And now, for the cautionary tale. If you ever decide to wax your arms at home, by yourself, I would advise against it if you'd like to keep your top layer of skin... Haha! I know it doesn't sound funny, but it is, because I decided that since I wax my eyebrows, and my sideburns, and I used to wax my legs that I could totally wax my arms. and I did, for about 10 minutes and then realized I'd also waxed off some skin near my wrist on my left arm. So I concluded nothing good could come of this anymore and I should stop. You really couldn't tell unless I pointed it out to you, and really, it just looked like a peeling sunburn. I know, I know: I'm lucky I didn't pull more skin off. It didn't hurt and as soon as I realized what I did I stopped and cleaned myself up and slathered the freshly waxed area with neosporin. So now, the next time I decide I need to remove the hair on my arms and I want results that will last longer than shaving, I will totally go to a salon and have someone else rip the hair out of my skin. Thanks for making it seem so easy, Sally Hansen. You liar!

Oh, By the way, I made this for my sister for her birthday... Happy Birthday Baby Boo!


Absolutely,

The Lady



No comments:

Post a Comment